The Family You Choose.
Real Estate Manager
This position is responsible for strategically managing and growing the region’s portfolio of Real Estate Assets while successfully navigating the federal, state & local regulatory environment and making strategic / tactical decisions about site location, entitlements, design, budgeting, construction and/or acquisition of real estate assets site identification. Additional activities include, development of new sites, leasing, permitting, renewal lease negotiations, easement negotiations, relocations, vegetation control, variance and ordinance presentations and other related matters as deemed necessary by management.*
- Manage existing real estate assets to secure cash flow; minimize site lease, real estate, and some public affairs expenses; employ capital money for new construction and acquisitions; maximize value of assets in condemnation. Prepare monthly & quarterly reports.
- Oversee real estate matters, including policies and procedures to protect the existing real estate inventory; work with others to effect laws and public sentiment that is friendly to the company/industry. Prepare quarterly Real Estate and Public Affairs Reports, strategizing on current issues and developing political and community relationships.
- Coordinate with legal counsel in all matters involving restrictive zoning, takings, lease contract disputes, code violations and other legal issues.
- Work with other departments such as sales, marketing, finance, and operations to target opportunities, set real estate goals, and evaluate legal/governmental issues.
- Manage and work in a highly collaborative team environment including both real estate development, sales, operations, and Coastal’s management team.
- Resolve challenging customer complaints.
- Receive questions, inquiries and complaints from landlords/property owners to resolve and/or route to correct person or department, and ensures issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Serve as a liaison with operations and subcontractors to assure the quality and accuracy of installation of signs and timely vegetation management.
- Responsible for development and execution of strategic growth plan.
- Provide direction and Identify new sites for sign development and conversion opportunities.
- Lead the conversion of the existing development pipeline that exists in each market.
- Establish new relationships and continue to expand on existing relationships with company partners, key developer and landlords.
- Secure new and renewal permits for locations as needed with all applicable jurisdictions.
- Renew leases on equitable terms as prescribed by Coastal Outdoor Managements lease guidelines.
- Negotiate leasing of properties on equitable terms for a significant duration, and then service each lease through its duration, always communicating directly with each landowner; identify rental reduction opportunities for lease renewals to maximize ROI’s and profitability.
- Ability to read, interpret & understand applicable state regulations, local rules and ordinances; complex legal, zoning and technical documents.
- Advise management and sales force on local and state regulations to ensure compliance.
- Meet with Local, State and/or Federal governmental officials and their staff where legislative lobbying is acceptable and appropriate. Address public meetings to positively impact proposed ordinance changes. Attend regulatory and public hearings.
- Travel as needed to meet with property owners, municipalities, governmental entities throughout market area.
- Maintain all lease files, lease payments and records with optimum accuracy and completeness.
- Support and exhibit behavior consistent with the sales and service philosophy of Coastal.
- Act with diplomacy as a representative of Coastal and the Real Estate Department.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in real estate acquisitions, management, and development, specifically with skills identifying and qualifying potential new leads.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate principles and practices with an emphasis on field work including lead generation, face to face negotiations and application of regulations.
- Significant knowledge in negotiating real estate leases, including the trade-offs involved with deal making and a sense of value for each element of an arrangement (purchases, partnerships, representation & operational agreements).
- Has a cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
- Ability to track trends and inventory, outmaneuver the competition; have an understanding of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Politically savvy , resourceful, and possesses excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in developing and delivering proposals, presentations, and other customer-facing deliverables.
- Experience with zoning and permitting, and political or lobbying experience with an understanding of local municipal code and state regulatory issues affecting the out-of-home advertising industry.
- Deep and broad business acumen with strong analytical, critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills focused on achieving business results.
- Have a collaborative and professional style with the objective of building strong relationships with diverse customer groups and vendors.
- A self-starter with a diligent work ethic, demonstrated flexibility and tolerance for rejection.
- Proficiency in creating and analyzing financial models.
- Knowledge of media and advertising industry, business cycles, and KPIs.
- Able to complete required math calculations such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Able to accurately assess situations, perform root cause analysis and provide solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Must possess the ability to create and implement best practices, processes, and procedures that allow for proper and efficient workflow. Must be able to learn company internal systems & practices.
- Make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Being proactive and responsive to client and management needs.
- Work outside of office performing field work, measuring site dimensions, taking photos, etc.
- Willingness to travel.
*It is not the intent of this position description to limit the scope of this position in any way but to give an overview of this role at Coastal Outdoor Advertising. You may be required at times to work at other tasks and areas as directed by Management.